Local Flavor: Thirsty Thursday Recipe – Peachy Keen Bourbon Cocktail
(Shop spirits at Edmond Wine Shop at 15th & Boulevard)
Summertime is winding down, but this cocktail will extend summer with each and every batch. With the combo of simple syrup and your favorite bourbon, this recipe is quick, tasty and cool! I would recommend chilling all of the ingredients as cold as possible, so that the ice doesn’t melt too much and water it down. Add everything to a shaker with some ice, and shake heartily. Pour over a large ice cube, garnish with a piece of peach and mint, and you’ll be good to go! Enjoy!
Ingredients Peach Simple Syrup
• 4 peaches
• 1 cup of sugar
• ½ cup fresh mint, lightly packed
• 1 cup of water Cocktail Ingredients
• 2 oz lemon juice
• 3 oz bourbon
• 4 oz Peach Simple Syrup
Peach Simple Syrup
1. Cut the peaches into eighths and discard the pit. Place the sliced peaches into a medium saucepan and add 1 cup of water.
2. Once you have allowed the water to simmer and cook for 7 minutes and the peaches have started to break down, add the sugar and allow the sugar to break down and dissolve, then remove from heat.
3. Let the syrup sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Assembling the cocktail
In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice, bourbon and peach simple syrup with ice, shake well then strain into a glass with a single cube of ice, garnish with peach slices and mint.