3/18/20 Modified City Proclamation due to Corona Virus
From Eriech Tapia
“You can count on the citizens and employees of Edmond to do the right thing,” Mayor Dan O’Neil said. The City of Edmond is under a state of emergency.
Effective immediately upon the City of Edmond Declaration of Emergency:
• All bars that do not serve food are required to close at midnight tonight until April 6th. Restaurants/bars with food will only be able to sell to-go, drive-thru or curbside during that time as well.
• Gyms and athletic centers are effectivly closed at midnight as well until April 6th.
• City ordinances stopping business street signage has been relaxed during this time.
• All citizens should limit interactions with others. City parks are also being cleaned often during this time.
• The City is revoking all previously approved special event permits between March 19 – April 19.
• All events or meetings of 50 or more people at City owned-operated facilities are suspended until further notice. The city administration building will be shut down tomorrow.
• The City Manager is directed to not discontinue water and utility services for customers unable to pay their bills for a period of 30 days.
• All Citylink passengers must maintain a distance of at least 3 feet from other users when possible.
*Councilman Nick Massey would like a special council meeting on April 6th to discuss the issue even more and assess the restrictions. Darrel Davis is hoping for weekly meetings.